3.08.2011

Goodness, What am I getting myself into??

lol.. I don't mean that in a bad way.  Partly in a fun way, partly in a good for my shop way.  

The fun part is the Sisterhood of the Traveling Sketchbooks.  This is the brain-child of Stephanie Corder of Dragonfly Design Studios and Jaime Haney of artsyfartsyme.  Rather than have me explain it poorly, you should read about it on Jaime's blog.  I'm quite excited.  It's going to be a year-long project that promises to be tons of fun.

There are a couple of "good for my shop" parts.  I've joined several teams who's sole purpose is to promote one another and help increase everyone's exposure.  One team , the Night Owls of Etsy, has quite a few BNR's, which I only recently discovered.  These  fall into the "fun" category.  However, they also fall into a new category: the "Bad for my Wallet"  category, lol.

Then there's the Bluebird team.  This is a twitter tree that works to promote each other by re-tweeting each others' feature items for the day.  Check out Christie Cottage for more info.

I'm in the process of opening up a second shop on Artfire.  I'm going to try my hand at scrabble tile type pendants and try my luck there.

Finally, I think, I'm trying out Heartsy, which is like groupon for Etsy.  I'll blog seperately about that, because I need to draw attention to it to get the votes I need to be considered for a featured artist.

Like I said, what am I getting myself into?  I'm gonna be a busy woman.. not that I'm not already ;)

No comments: