1.11.2011

Blue Jeans and Coincidences

I was going to write about my latest project tonight, inspired, coincidentally, by a project in Beyond the Bead, by Margot Potter.


I say coincidentally because I was browsing the blogs of other Bead Soup partiers, and randomly chose Margot's blog.



On Saturday, she blogged about The Global Genes Project and 7000 Bracelets for Hope, which is a campaign to raise awareness and show support for families of children stricken with rare diseases.  All you have to do to participate is create a denim/blue jeans inspired bracelet and send it to the Children's Rare Disease Network.  It will be passed along to the family of a child with a rare disease.  Pretty cool, huh?


I thought to myself, I can do that.  And so I have.




Nothing fancy, just dark blue and copper beads, but it's such a simple thing to do to show some support.