1.12.2011

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

As I said last night, I was going to write about a Margot Potter inspired project.  But I got sidetracked.  That's ok, because I'm here to talk about it now.  


I was at Michael's a couple of weeks ago, wandering through the kid's craft section, when I saw a book about paper beads.  I had never heard of such a thing until then.  So I flipped through the book, and got the gist of the process.  Pretty simple, really.


Fast forward to a few days ago.  Again, I was wandering through Michael's, this time in the scrapbooking section looking for owl stickers.  No such luck, but as I was leaving I happened to see a coordinating series of scrapbooking paper, one sheet of which has the cutest little owls across the top.  And much to my surprise, they were $0.20 at the register, rather than the $0.80 on the display.  Score!


But I digress...


Cute owl paper + memory glass = a nifty pendant



Coordinating paper + glue + glaze = paper beads








Add in a few clay beads and silver-colored beads, and I've got myself a necklace.  I'll post the finished piece tomorrow...

No comments: