12.30.2010

A vast improvement.

So I've been trying to improve the quality of the picture I take on my jewelry.  Not so easy a task with a simple point and shoot type camera.  However, I stumbled upon, or was directed to a couple of sites with instructions for a simple DIY light tent.  I know I still have a long way to go, but my first attempts are a tremendous improvement.  See for yourself:
 This is a "before" pic, with only a broad spectrum light and a white background.

 This is the same necklace using my newly constructed light tent and the same light source.

I must say, I'm a little excited. I just need more practice, maybe some better lighting, and a new camera would be nice.


2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Oh that's fantastic! And hey, download Picasa for free -- it's a great color adjustment tool -- you'll have fun with it and it'll help even more!

Jaime Haney said...

Wow! what an improvement, I would never have guessed that was the same necklace. Good job! You should do a tutorial on how you made your light box :)