7.30.2011

Let's try this again...

Ok, I'll admit it, I've been slacking off in the blog posting department.  Life seems like it's been especially busy for me this summer.  Yes, I'm working, but less hours than I was before I lost my job this time last year.  I guess you could say I've been a little preoccupied... with school, with marriage... with art.

I've already revealed my discovery of ATC's and Swap-bot.  I'm thoroughly addicted.  I've posted a few more pics on flickr.  I say I'm addicted, but I haven't made all that many.  My problem is, I think, that I'm not sure where to start a lot of times.  I see things that I like, and that I'd like to emulate, but I have so many thoughts and ideas bouncing around in my head that I have trouble starting.  Unless I'm prompted, that is.  Most of the ones I have completed have been the result of swap prompts.So... if anyone wants to offer up any ideas to get me going, my poor concentration would thank you.

On to other things.  First, I have no offering for the month of July to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Sketchbooks.  I haven't even started, really.  I know what I'm going to do, but I think I'm afraid to start.  I just know that if it doesn't come out as I hope, I'll be heart-broken..Hopefully, it'll turn out fantastically.  That being said, Lisa's sketchbook is on its way to Stephanie with a page missing.  July will play catch-up.

Now, maybe a month or so ago, I received in the mail the Traveling Book, which has it's own Sisterhood.  It came to me from Teresa of Poppy Place Pdx.  I had started reading the book, "Making Room for Making Art," but then I got sucked in to my own art that I had trouble making room for reading this great book.  I'm back on track now, and before school starts next month, it's be on it's way.

Finally, the Bead Soup Blog Party.  I had debated briefly about participating this time, but then I thought, "Who am I kidding?"  Of course I'm going to participate!  If you make any jewelry at all and are interested, check out Lori Anderson's blog Pretty Things for more info.  Sign-ups are August 1-3.  It's really fun.  I highly encourage any fellow beaders out there to consider it.

9 comments:

Julia said...

hi this is juliadarling from swap-bot. i am now following you and will be checking out the bead soup blog party. It sounds like tons of fun!

<3 julia

Kira said...

arriving from swap-bot (majork29) will be following your blog now

Me! said...

Hi there! Just popped in from Swap-bot! You have a lovely blog! ~ Beverley xxx

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

This is ajefferson from swabot :) I have to say I want to get into ATC's and I have all these ideas on what to do wirh them but than I sit down to do something and my brain just goes...boink blank. and I worry if someone wont like my ATC ect. So I am kind of up the same boat there. Love the blog design.

evey said...

atc's are addictive are they not? I feel the way you described sometimes and find that the best remedy to sort out my conflicting creative thoughts is to pick a style and just make a bunch of cards until I cannot stand that style, and then I move on.

lol. boy was that one long run on sentence.

this is eveyinorbit from swapbot for the follower swap. see you around. :)

Coleen said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm following you now from Blogger swap on S-B. Hope you'll come and see my blog and follow. We weren't partners, but I'm just checking out a few others. Fun blog you have here.

Coleen in Ukraine
www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

Saundra J said...

Jennifer! What a busy artist/crafter you have been! The Bead soup party is really tempting for me, but I will have to wait to participate...maybe next time! I found you via the blog swap on swapbot, I'm saunjune!

Ani said...

I completely agree with you about prompts for ATCs. Sometimes I feel kind of stuck. However, one technique I use to get unstuck is to paint blobs of paint on a card and then draw whatever I see. Examples of this include Inkblot Pond and Underwater Artifacts. -Hollychihuahua from Swap-Bot

Jessica said...

I'm totally in love with Swap-Bot too. Thanks for visiting my blog. ~J3ss1ca